Shout out/Memo

2014???

Friday, September 10, 2010

Hover in the air of Hari Raya

dear blog,

Selamat Hari Raya,
Hari untuk kita bersuka ria,
Setahun hanya sekali,
Merayakan hari yang mulia ini....

by hearing this memorable song performed by the late Saloma, it made my heart leaped with joy, knowing that every Muslim in Malaysia will celebrate the big day tomorrow. the song also led today, a day that every family member joined hands together to make sure tomorrow leaves happiness in hearts.

i woke up in the morning and i heard the water blasted and the shuffling of dead leaves been swept at the backyard. so loud that i could immediately open my eyes and sat down. i smiled. this was the day for me to lend hands.

my sister and i had cleaned the my grandma's house yesterday. so today, all we did were setting up a place to 'bakar lemang', preparing the chickens and meat to cook 'rendang', making 'santan' from tens of coconuts and everything else. my aunt and her family came later.

i helped her to make 'santan' and put in glutinous rice into the 'buluh lemang'. we also danced our feet and hips to the song roared by the radio brought by my aunt.

it was hot. it's very common since everyone was fasting. :D

my other uncle and his family came during breaking fast time to join the others. we cooked special black meat soup with fantastic sauce made by my dad. we enjoyed the moment.

my little brother was pushing the vacuum which to be cleaned up. :)

this's my grandma who was brushing the dirt away from each bamboo sticks.


even though it wasn't that much but despite that Hari Raya was all about family gathering, relationship and love, food was just a medium. ;D

a bunch of firewoods.

my grandma was washing the glutinous rice.

there, they're ready to be cooked by the fire.

helping hands to prepare 'rendang'.

my siblings and cousins came to help my aunt to pluck out the skin of the groundnuts to make 'kuah kacang'.




he's playing with the 'tempurung'.

'lemang'!

a radio that gave out all the memories back into the kitchen mist.

'pelita'.....:)

p/s: that's all for now. can't wait for tomorrow! good night, guys! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment